- Winther, Sarah Marie “Fotografen Der Skyder I Blind.” Digital FOTO magazine February 2019, Cover and Pages 48-55. Scandinavia
- “Inklusive in Kultur und Medien” magazine with “Politik und Kultur’ newspaper Cover photo and pages 23, 38, 42, 45, 48, 51 and 53. Berlin, Germany. November 2018.
- Grundell, Vendela “Rethinking while Redoing: Tactical Affordances of Assistive Technologies in Photography by the Visually Impaired,” Media Theory Department of Culture and Aesthetics, Stockholm University. September 2018
- “Faces Behind the Screen: Pete Eckert” 3PlayMedia Boston, MA, July 11, 2018. Pete’s story (https://www.3playmedia.com/resources/faces-behind-screen/pete-eckert/)
- Pictures, Das Foto-Magazin, Germany. Jan-Feb. 2018. Pages 64-65.
- Fisher’s Archiv #253, Advertising industry magazine from Germany, Published October 2017 Pages 5 and 8-23.
- Lippuner, Lydia, “Aus der Sicht eines Blinden”, Tages Anzeiger newspaper, Switzerland. Published October 17, 2017 www.tagesanzeiger.ch Die Welt durch die Linse eines Blinden, Zoom Der Fotoblag, Perlen
- Jeleć, Denis Intervju: Pete Eckert “Razgovarali smo sa svjetski poznatim slijepim fotografom čija će vas djela oduševiti”, As Coisas Mais Criativas Do Mundo, Croatia, Published October 8, 2017. https://www.tportal.hr/tehno/clanak/razgovarali-smo-sa-svjetski-poznatim-slijepim-fotografom-cija-ce-vas-djela-oduseviti-foto-20170915
- Holland, Oscar, “Life through the lens of a blind photographer”, CNN Style/Arts, Published October 3, 2017. http://edition.cnn.com/style/article/pete-eckert-blind-photographer/index.html
- Desai, Natasha, “Great Masters: Pete Eckert”, Better Photography July 2017, Cover Photograph and Pages 86-99. India, www.betterphotography.in
- Gnam, Andrea. “Shot in the Dark” PHOTONEWS March 2017, Pages 6 &7, Hamburg, Germany.
- Hofgartner, Von Margit. “Fotografie extreme: Das innere Auge” Chip Foto-Video February 2017. Page 62 Germany.
- Inspiration A World of Pictures “The Inner Eye” CHIP FOTO Magazine Issue 19, page 12. F&L Publishing Group. The Netherlands.
- German Association of the Blind & Visually Impaired. November 2016, Germany.
- Khoury, Jill,”Suites for the Modern Dancer“ Cover photograph, 2016
- Plaid Zebra: Online unconventional lifestyle magazine, June 2016
- IV Bienal De Arte Contempraneo, Fundacion Once, Pages 106-107, Madrid, Spain.
- Kaszynski, Elizabeth “Photographic Visuality” Phd. Article, March, Indiana University, Indiana.
- Wizkeys, Kyowon Co. 12, 2015 Vol183 December page 33, Korea. http://kmagazine.or.kr
- A Modern Beethoven | Pete Eckert, Oasis Magazine Issue 20. www.oasis-mag.com, OasisMag.MagCloud.com, www.magcloud.com
- Desai, Natasha, “Better Pictures: 18 inspiring photographers share their Vision Beyond Sight” Better Photography June 2015, Pages 68-69. www.betterphotography.in
- Magradze, Shoka, “Follow the Blind” Second Saturday, Sacramento News and Review. Volume 26, Issue 47. March 12, 2015. page 21.
- Lester, Paul Martin. “Visual Communication: Images With Messages” 6th Edition ©2014 Wadsworth, Cengage Learning, pages 416-417.
- Joy, Allison, “The Mind’s Eye: Blind Photographer Pete Eckert Views the World a Bit Differently” Comstock’s Magazine Vol. 26/No.9 September 2014, pages 32-35.
- Pete’s image “Electro Man” was issued as a United Nations Postal stamp. The stamp series was titled Breaking Barriers/Open Doors, Released date September 20, 2013. unstamps.un.org
- Busser, Howell “20/20 BLINDSIGHT” pages 154-164.
- Shoka, “Artists with abilities” Cool hunting Sacramento News and Review October 31, 2013 page 20
- Magagnini, Stephen”It’s All In His Mind’s Eye: Blind photographer’s work featured on U.N. stamp” Living Here, The Sacramento Bee. October 2, 2013 pages B1 and B4.
- Magagnini, Stephen “Sacramento’s blind photographer honored by United Nations” The Sacramento Bee. Oct. 2 2013 2013 www.sacbee.com
- “Exposure” ©2012 by See Me Group Inc. page 210.
- Robertson, Blair Anthony “From their darkness comes art: One-day show set as fundraiser for the Foundation Fighting Blindness” Living Here, The Sacramento Bee. September 11, 2012 pages B1 and B3.
- Fisher, Ted. Documentary Photography. Jan. 13, 2012. documentaryphotography.blogspot.com
- Fisher, Ted. Resource Magazine Online resourcemagonline.com
- Hall, Bruce Blind Photographers” Guild Blind Photographers’ Guild web.me.com
- Ronik, Daniel. Argot & Ochre Jan. 13, 2012. argotandochre.com
- Photo LA 2012 “Sword” Catalogue page18.
- Granberry, Michael. The Dallas Morning News. www.dallasnews.com
- D’Art “What a Vision” News & Review. Vol 23, issue 25 10/06/11 page 3.
- Shoka, “Best Stimulating Photographer,” Best of Sacramento News & Review 2011.Vol23, issue 25 9/22/11 page 75. issue.com
- Playboy.com Not Seeing is Believing. Blind photographers Bruce Hall and Peter Eckert shoot Hiromi Oshima for Playboy. August 1, 2011.
- Playboy Blog. Hiromi Oshima-Not Seeing is Believing. Bruce Hall and Pete Eckert first blind photographers to photograph model for Playboy. July 30,2011 www.playboyblog.com
- Marchon Magazin 2011 “Ich Bin Ein Visueller Mensch. Ichkann Bloss Nicht Sehen” pages 8-9, Published in Germany.
- Gentry, Lorna. “Blind Sighted.” Professional Photographer Magazine. April 2011. Pages 28, 30.
- March 15, 2011, MutualArt.com
- Mar 2, 2011, PHOTO L.A. 2011, Video by Artillery Magazine: Killer Text on Art. Artillery Magazine video, Photo LA 2011: Pete Eckert, Bruce Hall, Alice Wingwall. www.youtube.com
- Lester, Paul Martin. “Visual Communication: Images with Messages” 5th Edition ©2011 Wadsworth, Cengage Learning, Pages 398-399.
- Jud, Tristan, Interview with Pete Eckert, RAW, raw.tristanjud.com live on February 25,2011 at 08:43 (gmt +8)
- Irons, Lyndal. “Pete Eckert: Tourist in the Sighted World’, Head On Photo Festival. Submitted Mon, 21/02/2011 – 20:35 headon.com.au
- Lomography, Magazine News “Blind Photographer: Pete Eckert’. November 18, 2010 www.lomography.com
- Laster, Paul, Sight Unseen, Flavorwire.com November 18, 2010
- Scheller, Christine A. “Flashes of Light in the Darkest Depths: The Faith and Life of Blind Photographer Pete Eckert’. Huffington Post Posted: October 23, 2010 08:00 AM www.huffingtonpost.com
- Kaun, Sonja and Streuer, Veronika. “VorDem Inneren Auge’. Klartext. Nummer 21.2010. Pages 64-67. Published in Germany.
- “Fundacion Once III Bienal De Arte Contemporaneo’. ©Fundacion Once 2010, Pages 110-111. Published in Spain.
- TalkTVworld.com “Photo Coverage: HBO Documentary Screening Of Dark Light’, November 8, 2010. tv.broadwayworld.com
- Galindo, Gabriela, “Confesiones de una vidente’, February 8, 2010 Replica21.com www.replica21.com
- Ebright, Olsen, Blind Photographers Featured in New Exhibit The Scene NBC, May 31, 2009
- KPCC (NPR Affiliate), Steven Cuevas, May 28, 2009
- Chang, Richard, “Newport Beach Film Festival announces winners’. Newport Beach Film Festival, Jury Award Winner : BEST SHORT DOCUMENTARY FILM: DARK LIGHT Director: Neil Leifer, Producer: Corinne Marrinan. The Orange County Register Published: April 30, 2010, Updated: May 3, 2010 11:54 a.m.
- Honolulu Film Festival, 2010 Aloha Accolade Winner, Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers. April 23, 2010
- Bermuda Sun Online. Review of Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers. Blind photography will stun you. March 17, 2010.
- SBMS Teen Press, Review of Dark Light: the Art of Blind Photographers, by John, a seventh grader from Santa Barbara, CA. March 2010.
- Foresta, Merry A. “The Archives of Visibility: Photography at the Smithsonian”, Smithsonian Photography Initiative. February 11, 2010. Blind photographers Bruce Hall and Pete Eckert.
- McCulloh, Douglas. “Sight Unseen: International Photography by Blind Artists.” ©2009 The Regents of the University of California, Pages 28-33.
- Knight, Christopher, “Culture Monster’, Los Angeles Times, June 16, 2009.
- Los Angeles Times, Photo gallery of “Sight Unseen” exhibit at the California Museum of Photography at UCR, June 16, 2009
- Ebright, Olsen NBC Southern CA Blind Photographers Featured in New Exhibit. May 31, 2009. http://www.nbclosangeles.com/the-scene/archive/Blind-UC-Riverside-California-Museum-of-Photography.html
- Davies, Stacy, “The Mind’s Eye’, ArtSlant, May 25, 2009. www.artslant.com
- Austin Center for Photography, www.visitacp.org
- Blind photographers showcase work. BBC News. May 24, 2009. BBC TV Worldwide, news.bbc.co.uk
- Colin, Chris. “The Vision to Depict It Their Way.” New York Times. November 29, 2009. Arts & Leisure, Art, Page 24.
- Kettmann, Matt, “The Art and Heart of Blind Photographers,” May 17, 2009 TIME.COM
- Obscura: A short documentary about blind photographers and their lives. Directed by Damon Stea. June 28, 2009
- Blind photographers showcase work. BBC News. May 24, 2009.
- DeOcampo, Joe “Creative Vision: artistic expression of the visually impaired.” The Collegian, March 9, 2009 Issue 8 Vol.45 Page 1 cover.
- Gilbert, Lori. “Blind visionaries Loss of eyesight doesn’t hinder artists contributing to Delta gallery.” The Record March 2,2009 Lens, Pages B1 cover, B2 www.recordnet.com
- Hall, Bruce. August 13, 2008, Story about my trip to NYC with blind artist and friend Pete Eckert. Blind artist Pete Eckert wins “Exposure” competition.
- Italian Magazine review of Exposure Show, NYC, Pete Eckert. www.superabile.it
- Exposure Show NYC: radaronline.com
- Exposure Competition NYC: www.nyartbeat.com
- “Who’s Who.” Courrier Japon. October 2008. Page 23. Published in Japan.
- Photo LA 2008 Catalogue pages 154-155.
- La Rue, Natalie. “Blind photographer defies disability.” American River Current, 1 March 2006. Page 5.
- Vigil, Delfin. “Blind Photographer is a man of vision.” San Francisco Chronicle 27 February 2005. Datebook, Scenes, Page 29.
- White, Tim. “The mind’s eye.” Sacramento News & Review 26 February 2004. Night & Day. Page 49.
- Martin, Laura. “Mind’s Eye.” Sacramento Magazine, July 2004. Page 29.
- Randall, Teri Thomson. “Hybrid Perception.” Pasatiempo The New Mexican’s weekly Magazine of Arts, Entertainment & Culture. 4-10 July 2003. Pages 34-35.
- Martin-Burk, Elizabeth. “Blindness doesn’t stop winner of photo contest.” The Press Tribune. 21 August 2002. Pages A2, A8.
- Roca, Alicia. “Non-visual art: Photographs of sound images.” The Sacramento Bee. 17 August 2002. Metro, Pages B1 Cover, B3.
Film and Television:
Volkswagen Advertising in Markets:
- South Korea, TV, Online (incl. Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube) December
- Germany, TV, Cinema and Video on Demand (VOD)
- Austria, TV
- Switzerland, TV
- Shot in the Dark: A film by Frank Amann This Human World International Film Festival, Top-Kino cinema, Vienna, Austria. December 2nd at 1 p.m.
Volkswagen Advertising in Markets:
- Japan TV and Online
- United Kingdom , TV, Cinema and Video on Demand (VOD) September and December
Screenings of “Shot in the Dark” by Frank Amman, a documentary film featuring Pete Eckert, Bruce Hall and Sonia Soberest https://www.shotinthedark-
- Bir Duino International Human Rights Film Festival, Kyrgysztan. November 2017
- InTakt-festival, Graz, Austria. November 2017
- International Premiere One World Film Festival, Prague,Czech Republic. March 17, 2017
- Hamburg film premiere Abaton-Kino, Allendeplatz 3, 20146 Hamburg, Germany. January 21, 2017
- Kino in der Brotfabrik, Caligariplatz 1, 13086 Berlin, Germany . January 20, 2017
- Berlin film premiere Eiszeit Kino, Zeughofstr. 20, 10997 Berlin, Germany. January 19, 2017
- Cologne film premiere Odeon-Kino, Severinstraße 81, 50678 Cologne, Germany. January 18 2017
- Brotfabrik Galerie, Caligariplatz 1, 13086 Berlin, Germany. January 17, 2017
- Science Magazine TV show “Galileo Daily” www.galileo.tv
- “Galileo Big Pictures” www.galileo.tv Broadcast on German national free-TV channel ProSieben.
- Shot in the Dark, a film by Frank Amann, Germany www.shotinthedark-film.com/en/
- CTV Morning Live Winnipeg April 12, 2016, Broadcast time 8:18 a.m. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. http://beta.criticalmention.com
- Global News Morning April 12, 2016, Broadcast time 7:39 a.m. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Once Upon a Time April 9, 2016, Broadcast time 12:29 p.m. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Blind Photographer Pete Eckert LA film by Daisuke Ishii
- ”Seeing Without Seeing”, Presentation at the 11th Annual Seoul
Digital Forum (SDF), Innovative Wisdom: Technology for the Common
Good, Seoul, South Korea. May 21-22, 2014.
- January 5, 2013
The Avant/Garde Diaries sponsored by Mercedes-Benz documentary film by Anna Piltz and Annikki Heinemann of oddiseefilms.com,
- Secrets…Photo L.A. a film by Maureen Mansfield
- Droit De Regard on France 5 A Vous De Voir Saturday 11th, 2012 Aired in France.
- Public Image USA film about blind photographers by Maureen Mansfield
- Sept. 22, 2011 News clip from Dallas
- Video of photo la + artLA projects opening night 2011
- February 28, 2011. Good Day Sacramento. Live interview by Courtney Dempsey, CBS13/CW31.
- May 17 HBO Store Link to Dark Light in HBO store.
- Artists Wanted | In Focus: Pete Eckert on Vimeo Christian Schneider did a very nice short film about me. This was for the Artist Wanted competition I won in New York. It jumped from site to site and was very popular. So many I don’t know how to list it here. Instead I’m giving credit where it is due to the folks at Artist wanted and Christian. He did a wonderful little film. He is a great guy and fun to work with. Thanks Christian. August 16, 2010 www.artistswanted.org Pete Eckert: Winner of Exposure 2008
- ЗДЕСЬ Moscow News Program, December 2, 2010
- TalkTVworld.com “Photo Coverage: HBO Documentary Screening Of Dark Light’, November 8, 2010.
- Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers, A documentary short featuring Henry Butler, Pete Eckert & Bruce Hall. Directed by Neil Leifer. Produced by Corinne Marrinan and Neil Leifer. Aired on HBO, Saturday November 20th. Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers DVD SKU ID #292859
- Screenings of Dark Light: The Art of Blind Photographers:
- Lighthouse International Conference Center, New York City. November 8, 2010
- Laemmle’s Town Center 5, Encino, California, August 21- August 27, 2010
- Newport Beach Film Festival, Edwards Island Cinema 2, April 26
- Sacramento Film Festival, 24th Street Theater, California April 19, 2010
- Big Sky Film Festival, February 12-21, 2010. Montana
- Santa Barbara, CA Film Festival
- Honolulu, Hawaii Film Festival
- Bermuda Film Festival
- “Obscura” A short documentary about blind photographers, their art and their life. Director: Damon J. Stea Mindfruit Studios
- Good Day Sacramento CW promoting the Visions Show. September 2007
- NCIS #092 “In the Dark” aired May 1, 2007, In the Dark
- Today Show, “Beyond Sight: American Story with Bob Dotson,’ NBC aired June 4, 2007
- Viewpoints KVIE PBS, 2006
- Channel 13 News CBS, 2006
- Rico, Joan Sebastian, PRISA International Media Group, The W Radio Colombia. www.wradio.com.co interview October 29, 2017
- CBC radio interview, April 12, 2016 12:26 PM Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- “Stepping out with the Arts” interview talk show with host Wayne Cook will start to air on Tuesday, October 29 – November 4. 1talknetwork.com
- Capital Public Radio show Insight, a daily, in-depth interview program. Pete’s interview with KXJZ’s Beth Ruyak on Insight: Blind Artists aired September 10, 2012 in Sacramento. www.capradio.org, archive2.capradio.org
- February 24, 2011 Raw interview with Tristan Jud live.
- February 21, 2011 CBS radio series “Soundtrack for the Soul,” Yellowknife, Northern Territories, Canada.
- UC Riverside photography museum hosts exhibit of blind photographers. 89.3 KPCC, interview by Steven Cuevas, Southern California Public Radio. May 28, 2009.
- BBC, Blind photographers showcase work. May 24, 2009. BBC World Service
- 89.3 KPCC’s (NPR Affiliate), Inland Empire reporter Steven Cuevas explores the world of blind photography as UC-Riverside opens a new exhibit called “Sight Unseen” May 16, 2009.
- Photo Talk Radio with Michael A. Garcia, June 23, 2007 Photo Talk Radio
- INSIGHT A daily, in-depth interview program hosted by KXJZ’s Jeffrey Callison, providing context and background to the issues that face our region. “Shots in the Dark” Local photographer Pete Eckert tells you about his new exhibit. NPR March 30, 2006